- Gift Tokens
- Inside Mawi
When you register to use our website we need to know your name, postal address and email address. To process an order we also need your credit card number and expiry date, plus any security details that the credit card processor may require. No personal information regarding your account is passed to any third parties.
This process takes place in a secure environment where your details cannot be accessed by anyone. We gather this information to allow us to process your orders, register your account and contact you with information regarding your account. In particular, your personal data shall be processed for the following purposes:
- When you register with our website we collect your personal data through the relevant registration form in order to provide you with services in reserved access areas of mawi.co.uk and in order to send you our Newsletter, when specifically requested.
- When you require assistance from our Customer Care, we collect your personal data for purposes strictly necessary to provide you support or assistance to mawi.co.uk services and to the purchase of products on mawi.co.uk;
- when you are executing purchasing procedures for products sold on mawi.com, we collect your personal data on your order form only for the purpose of selling the products ordered by you;
- When creating the Wish List, we process your personal data in order to customize our services for the purchase of products on mawi.co.uk;
- When you register your account, you can choose to opt out of receiving marketing email communication from Mawi. If you are receiving emails from us and would like them to stop you can send an email to email@example.com with ‘unsubscribe’ in the subject line. You warrant that the personal information which you are required to provide when you register with us is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects.
If any of the information that you have provided to Mawi.co.uk changes, for example if you change your email address or name, or if you wish to cancel your registration, please update your details in your account page. If you would like your details to be removed entirely, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorized to use.
If you wish to receive further information on how Mawi processes your personal data, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call us on +44(0)207 923 1414.
What is a cookie and what is it used for?
A cookie is a small text file stored on your computer by your browser when you visit a website, such as www.mawi.co.uk ("website"). cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website, usually for customization, statistics or advertising purpose. What cookies does our website use and for what purpose? our website uses various different types of cookies and similar technologies, each of which has a different function as set out in the table below:
Type of cookie function.
Technical or browsing cookies.
These cookies enable the website to function correctly and allow you to view it correctly on the screen of your device, in your language and for your market from the first time you access it. they will recognise your country so that on any subsequent visits you are directed straight to the relevant country website. they also allow you to create an account, log in and manage your orders while browsing the website. if you are a registered user, these cookies mean you will be recognised as such when you access the services offered to our registered users. these cookies will recognise if you make a purchase from the website through an affiliated or partner site so that we can fulfil any obligations we may have to those partner sites. these cookies are necessary for the website to function.
These cookies enable the website to recognise you, following an explicit request from you (for example, if you click on “remember me”), every time you access the website, so that you don’t have to type in your login details each time. if you have added items to your cart and closed your browsing session without completing your purchase, but have not removed the items from your cart, these cookies enable you to carry on shopping with the same cart the next time you visit the website within a reasonable period of time. these cookies are not essential for the website to function, but they improve the website and the browsing experience.
These cookies are used for example by some of our service providers, such as google analytics, for example, in order to carry out statistical analysis of how users use our website through their computers or via our mobile applications, such as how many pages a user has visited or the number of mouse clicks made on a page while using the website. in such events, yoox processes the results of these analysis in an anonymous way and for statistics purposes only provided that the service supplier uses the cookies in connection with the browser installed on your computer or other device used to browse our website.
How can I disable cookies?
1. Most web browsers (internet explorer, chrome, safari, firefox, etc.) are configured to automatically accept cookies. however, most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings, including the disabling of cookies at any time, etc. in order to delete cookies already registered on your computer or to disable and reject cookies for the future, whatever their purposes are, be it permanently or until you change your mind, you can access and modify the settings of your browser. We wish to make you aware, however, that disabling technical/browsing cookies or functional cookies may prevent our website from functioning correctly and/or may not allow you to fully and effectively take advantage of the services we offer. please find below the path to modify your browser's settings, for the following browsers:
For internet explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
For Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en-gb&hlrm=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647
For firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-us/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
2. In order to disable analytical cookies and to opt out of being tracked by google analyticsacross all websites, you can download the google analytics opt out browser add-on: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
for safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/ph11913
for opera: http://help.opera.com/windows/10.20/en/cookies.html